Throughout its' long history, John J. Lease Realtors® has provided real estate services to thousands of satisfied customers.
It all began in 1938, when John J. Lease Sr. operated a retail produce business on South Street in Newburgh and sold real estate part time. When it became apparent that his real estate business was booming, John Sr. sold his produce store and became a full-time real estate broker operating out of his home on Roosevelt Place.
In 1947, the growing business was moved to 339 Broadway and again expanded in 1961 when John Sr. purchased the nearby building at 313 Broadway.
In 1977, John Sr. turned the business operations over to his sons John Jr. and Richard. A third son, Ray offered residential and commercial appraisals.
In the mid-1980's, a third generation of Leases joined the firm when John III and Jeffrey joined the team.
Today, John J. Lease Realtors operates in five convenient locations in the heart of Newburgh, Middletown and New Windsor in Orange County and in Highland in Ulster County.